Good Boundaries and Goodbyes
Loving Others Without Losing the Best of Who You Are
On Sale: 2022-11-08
Number-one New York Times bestselling author Lysa TerKeurst helps readers stop the dysfunction of unhealthy relationships by showing them biblical ways to set boundaries--and, when necessary, say goodbye--without losing the best of who they are.
About the Book
Relationships are wonderful...until they're not.
Join #1 New York Times bestselling author Lysa TerKeurst as she helps you stop the dysfunction of unhealthy relationships by showing you biblical ways to set boundaries--and, when necessary, say goodbye--without losing the best of who you are.
Is it unloving or selfish to set a boundary? Are Christians ever called to walk away from a relationship that’s no longer safe or sustainable? Lysa has asked these hard questions in the midst of her own relational struggles.
But after thousands of life-changing hours of counseling intensives and extensive theological research that transformed the way she defined healthy relationships, Lysa is now more committed than ever to loving people well without compromising her own well-being. In Good Boundaries and Goodbyes, Lysa gives you the tools you need to do the same.
Within these pages, Lysa will help you:
- Understand the five factors to remember when implementing healthy boundaries
- Determine the appropriate amount of personal and emotional access someone has to you based on how responsible they'll be with that access
- Stop being misled and emotionally paralyzed by wrongly interpreted or weaponized scriptures that perpetuate unhealthy dynamics in difficult relationships
- Overcome the frustrating cycle of ineffective boundary-setting with realistic scripts and practical strategies to help you communicate, keep, and implement healthier patterns
- Be equipped to say goodbye without guilt when a relationship has shifted from difficult to destructive and is no longer sustainable
Along the way, you'll also receive therapeutic wisdom you can trust directly from Lysa's Christian counselor Jim Cress, who weighs in throughout the book. As you understand more about setting healthy boundaries, you'll be relieved to learn that boundaries aren't just a good idea, they're a God idea. If you're ready to gain the biblical wisdom and confidence to finally set boundaries you can keep, let Good Boundaries and Goodbyes be your new go-to guide.
- Imprint: Thomas Nelson
- On Sale: 2022-11-08
- Pages: 256
- Publisher: Thomas Nelson
- Publication Date: 2022-11-08
- Trim Size: Trim size data not found for this book.
- Weight: Weight data not found for this book.
- Category 1 : RELIGION / Christian Life / Women's Issues
- Category 2 : RELIGION / Biblical Studies / General
- Category 3 : RELIGION / Christian Life / Personal Growth
- Category 4 : RELIGION / Christian Life / Spiritual Growth