Lincoln's Battle with God
A President's Struggle with Faith and What It Meant for America
On Sale: 2020-05-12
In this thrilling journey through a largely unknown part of American history, New York Times best-selling author Stephen Mansfield tells the richly textured story of Abraham Lincoln’s spiritual life and draws from it a meaning sure to inspire Americans today.
About the Book
Join New York Times bestselling author Stephen Mansfield as he dives into the incredible story of Abraham Lincoln's spiritual life and draws from it a deeper meaning that's sure to inspire us all.
Abraham Lincoln is, undoubtedly, among the most beloved of all U.S. presidents. He helped to abolish slavery, gave the world some of its most memorable speeches, and redefined the meaning of America. He did all of this with endless wisdom, compassion, and wit. Yet, throughout his life, Lincoln fought with God.
In his early years in Illinois, he rejected even the existence of God and became the village atheist. In time, this changed but still, he wrestled with the truth of the Bible, preachers, doctrines, the will of God, the providence of God, and then, finally, God's purposes in the Civil War. Still, on the day he was shot, Lincoln said he longed to go to Jerusalem to walk in the Savior's steps.
In this thrilling journey through a largely unknown part of American history, Mansfield traces Lincoln's exploring:
- Lincoln's lifelong spiritual journey
- The ways that Lincoln's faith shaped his presidency and beyond
- How Lincoln's struggle with faith can inspire modern believers
Let Lincoln's Battle with God show you Lincoln's life and legacy in a brand new light.
- Imprint: Thomas Nelson
- On Sale: 2020-05-12
- Publisher: Thomas Nelson
- Publication Date: 2020-05-12
- Trim Size: Trim size data not found for this book.
- Weight: Weight data not found for this book.
- Category 1 : BIOGRAPHY & AUTOBIOGRAPHY / General
- Category 2 : BIOGRAPHY & AUTOBIOGRAPHY / Presidents & Heads of State
- Category 3 : HISTORY / United States / Civil War Period (1850-1877)
- Category 4 : RELIGION / Christian Life / Inspirational
- Category 5 : BIOGRAPHY & AUTOBIOGRAPHY / Historical