Creatures of Habit
Breaking the Habits Holding You Back from God's Best
On Sale: 2021-05-18
Beloved pastor Steve Poe helps Christians identify and break free from the destructive patterns that are keeping them from the joy-filled, flourishing life Jesus promised.
About the Book
Join pastor and bestselling author Steve Poe as he helps you break free from the destructive patterns that are keeping you from the joy-filled, flourishing life that Jesus promised each of us.
We all have both good and bad habits in our life. Creatures of Habit reveals how to remove bad habits and replace them with godly ones. But it's not a matter of simply working hard to make changes--true transformation is God's work, and our job is to listen, obey, and put into practice what he's already directing us to do.
While each chapter focuses on a different bad habit, Poe shares a self-assessment at the end of each chapter, encouraging you to ask yourself:
- Has this become a habit in my life?
- Is it affecting my relationship with Christ?
- Is it affecting my relationship with others?
- Is it affecting my attitude in a negative way?
- Is it keeping me from becoming the person God wants me to become?
Each chapter provides insights, biblical examples, and tangible tools that will help you break the bad habits that can become spiritual strongholds in your life.
Praise for Creatures of Habit:
"Any change, even an incremental one, can make a huge difference over the course of your life. It's never too late to let God help you change the trajectory of your life. Steve Poe will help you see just that."
--Kyle Idleman, Senior Pastor and bestselling author of Gods at War
- Imprint: Thomas Nelson
- On Sale: 2021-05-18
- Publisher: Thomas Nelson
- Publication Date: 2021-05-18
- Trim Size: Trim size data not found for this book.
- Weight: Weight data not found for this book.
- Category 1 : RELIGION / Christian Life / Personal Growth
- Category 2 : PSYCHOLOGY / Social Psychology
- Category 3 : RELIGION / Christian Life / Spiritual Growth
- Category 4 : RELIGION / Christian Ministry / Counseling & Recovery
- Category 5 : SELF-HELP / Spiritual