A Chance in the World (Young Readers Edition)
An Orphan Boy, a Mysterious Past, and How He Found a Place Called Home
On Sale: 2021-04-20
Format: Downloadable audio file
An inspiring, suspenseful memoir for kids and tweens, A Chance in the World (Young Readers Edition) is the astonishing true story of Steve Pemberton, a discarded boy who, while uncovering the secrets of his past, discovers his own inner strength, the power of kindness, and the freedom to build a better future for himself and others.
About the Book
No matter how broken our past or great our misfortunes, we can create a new beginning and build a life of love and kindness.
Taken from his mother at age three, Steve Klakowicz lives in the clutches of a cruel foster family. He finds his only refuge in a box of books given to him by a kind stranger, books that take him to new worlds he can only imagine. He begins to hope that one day he might have a different life.
As he grows, Steve is determined to unravel the mystery of his origins and find his birth family. A light-skinned boy with blue eyes, a curly Afro, and a Polish last name, he embarks on an extraordinary quest for his identity, armed with only one clue. Yet nothing is as it appears.
In this inspiring and harrowing memoir, A Chance in the World teaches children:
- to begin each day with hope
- that there is goodness in the world, and it is possible to be a beacon of light for others
- that they can overcome challenging circumstances
- that everyone comes from different backgrounds and has value
- to apply Steve's inspirational message to their own lives, through age-appropriate discussion questions
This new youth adaption, written for 8 to 12 year-olds, shares Steve's journey with sensitivity, honesty, and hope. Adapted from the USA Today bestselling memoir, A Chance in the World.
- ISBN: 9781400225170
- ISBN 10: 1400225175
- Imprint: Thomas Nelson
- On Sale: 2021-04-20
- List Price: $20.99
- Publisher: Thomas Nelson
- Publication Date: 2021-04-20
- Trim Size: Trim size data not found for this book.
- Weight: Weight data not found for this book.
- Category 1 : JUVENILE NONFICTION / Biography & Autobiography / Cultural Heritage
- Category 2 : JUVENILE NONFICTION / Family / Orphans & Foster Homes
- Category 3 : JUVENILE NONFICTION / Social Topics / Physical & Emotional Abuse (see also Social Topics / Sexual Abuse)
- Category 4 : JUVENILE NONFICTION / Social Topics / Self-Esteem & Self-Reliance