The Journey Home
A Biblical Guide to Using the Enneagram to Deepen Your Faith and Relationships
On Sale: 2023-01-24
Certified Enneagram teacher Meredith Boggs gives Christians who are skeptical of the Enneagram a conservative biblical guide to understand how it can further their spiritual journeys and deepen their relationship with God by discovering their type's virtues, unhelpful tendencies, and best practices for spiritual growth.
About the Book
Read by the author with an audiobook-exclusive interview discussing the Enneagram with bestselling author Lysa TerKeurst!
Have you felt distance growing between you and God and found yourself wondering, Why does God feel so far away? Why do I feel so disconnected from him? Maybe you have been aching inside, longing for deeper relationships with the people in your life and hoping to understand them better. Certified Enneagram teacher Meredith Boggs will be your guide as she gives you biblical wisdom and practical tips to strengthen your relationships with God, others, and yourself.
Maybe you’ve heard of the Enneagram but aren’t sure what it’s all about. Is it even okay for Christians to use it? Is it something that can be used for spiritual growth, not just personal growth? Perhaps you know your Enneagram type but have no idea how to apply what you’ve learned as a way to enhance your spiritual life. Or are you someone who has become disenchanted with your beliefs or lonely in your church community and are yearning for closer spiritual connections?
In The Journey Home Meredith Boggs provides a biblical road map to using the Enneagram, a well-known and prominent tool for self-growth, to revitalize your faith and guide you back home to God. Drawing on her years of experience as an Enneagram teacher, she weaves together personal stories, scripture, and practical application tips that show you how to
- better understand the ways the Enneagram can be a useful tool as you grow in your faith,
- identify your Enneagram type’s strengths and leverage them to kickstart and maintain your spiritual growth,
- recognize your type’s specific sin tendencies so you can break free from them,
- cultivate closer relationships with others by understanding their spiritual challenges and strengths, and
- practice spiritual disciplines unique to your type and integrate them into your life.
If you feel lost or disconnected in your spiritual life or simply want to strengthen your relationship with God and others, this book will help you chart a course to a place of deeper connection and fulfillment.
Reflection and journaling questions are included in the audiobook companion PDF download.
Praise for The Journey Home:
"The Enneagram has long been an insightful and simultaneously a deeply convicting tool for me--both as a therapist and as a believer. In working with the Enneagram, we need guides who can lead us with direct, illuminating truth and expansive amounts of grace. I'm grateful Meredith is now bringing that truth and grace to all of us through the pages of this book."
--Sissy Goff, MED, LPC-MHSP, CCATP, Director of Child and Adolescent Counseling at Daystar Counseling and bestselling author of Raising Worry-Free Girls
- Imprint: Thomas Nelson
- On Sale: 2023-01-24
- Publisher: Thomas Nelson
- Publication Date: 2023-01-24
- Trim Size: Trim size data not found for this book.
- Weight: Weight data not found for this book.
- Category 1 : SELF-HELP / Motivational & Inspirational
- Category 2 : RELIGION / Christian Life / Inspirational
- Category 3 : RELIGION / Christian Life / Spiritual Growth
- Category 4 : SELF-HELP / Personal Growth / Success