What If Love Is the Point?
Living for Jesus in a Self-Consumed World
On Sale: 2022-06-28
Popular actors Carlos and Alexa PenaVega share their inspiring stories of transformation, from feeling lost and searching for meaning to realizing that living for Jesus and loving others is what life is all about.
About the Book
Overflowing with both laughter and honest reflections, What If Love Is the Point? shares Carlos and Alexa PenaVegas’ incredible story—from the red carpet, Spy Kids movies, and Big Time Rush to Dancing with the Stars to marriage and now parenthood. The PenaVegas
- offer an inspiring window into how God builds young faith and strengthens it into lasting love;
- give insight into how to put God at the center of relationships, family, and career;
- explore why society’s expectations never fulfill our true needs; and
- share ideas for resisting the hustle of today’s culture and finding true rest.
The world saw Carlos Pena and Alexa Vega enjoying the success of their acting careers—Carlos on Nickelodeon’s Big Time Rush and Alexa in the Spy Kids movies. What fans didn’t see was Carlos struggling with the influences of Hollywood and reeling from broken relationships. Or Alexa hiding an eating disorder and recovering from a divorce. Or the question both Carlos and Alexa were asking in the midst of all that fame and fortune: What’s the point of it all anyway?
Then the two ended up attending the same Bible study. There they met people who seemed satisfied in life. They met new friends who seemed to be friends with God. They also met each other. Together, Carlos and Alexa discovered that God held the answers to their deepest questions—and even their unspoken longings. Now, happily married with three children, Carlos and Alexa want to tell others where they found true joy: in Jesus.
Carlos and Alexa believe that following Jesus was what they were made for—and they believe it’s what you were made for too. If you find yourself asking, Isn’t there more to life than this?, lean in to their remarkable story of tender faith, God’s persistent work, and learning why love is always the point of it all.
- Imprint: Thomas Nelson
- On Sale: 2022-06-28
- Pages: 240
- Publisher: Thomas Nelson
- Publication Date: 2022-06-28
- Trim Size: 238.000mm x 162.000mm x 22.000mm
- Weight: 362.000gr
- Category 1 : FAMILY & RELATIONSHIPS / Marriage & Long Term Relationships
- Category 2 : RELIGION / Christian Life / Love & Marriage
- Category 3 : SELF-HELP / Personal Growth / Self-Esteem
- Category 4 : BIOGRAPHY & AUTOBIOGRAPHY / Religious