Surrender Your Story
Ditch the Myth of Control and Discover Freedom in Trusting God
On Sale: 2023-03-07
Popular podcaster and self-proclaimed control freak Tara Sun shows how 'having everything under control' is overrated--not to mention downright dangerous--and reveals the surprising, lifegiving alternative: only radical surrender to God brings the peace and fulfillment we yearn for.
About the Book
Popular podcaster and self-proclaimed control freak Tara Sun shows how "having everything under control" is overrated--not to mention downright dangerous--and reveals the surprising, lifegiving alternative: only radical surrender to God brings the peace and fulfillment we yearn for.
Today's culture is peddling a seductive promise, a message that bombards social media feeds and dominates bestseller lists: you can control your circumstances and achieve any goal through positive thinking, organization, and sheer force of will. But anyone who's tried to white-knuckle their way to self-fulfillment has discovered what lies on the other side of this supposedly empowering message: frustration, disappointment, and exhaustion.
Tara knows what it's like to be obsessed with control--all under the guise of the supposed virtues of being self-sufficient, organized, and high achieving. When a battle with severe chronic illness demolished her illusions of control, Tara embarked on a journey of discovering the antidote to the burdensome and ultimately empty myth of control: surrender to the God who cares for us and has an infinitely better blueprint for a life filled with joy, peace, and meaning. Readers will
- identify how the false promises of control and self-sufficiency have warped their view of themselves, their hopes, and their purpose;
- learn to trust God--in the big events and the small details of their lives;
- discover practical steps and strategies for letting go of control and moving forward in faith, even in the face of setbacks and disappointments; and
- be inspired by examples from Tara's life and from the Bible of the strength and purpose that comes through a lifestyle of surrender.
For all those who are exhausted from trying to control their lives and disappointed by their unreached plans, Surrender Your Story is a welcome lifeline that opens readers' eyes to the beauty of a life surrendered to the Master Planner.
- Imprint: Thomas Nelson
- On Sale: 2023-03-07
- Pages: 224
- Publisher: Thomas Nelson
- Publication Date: 2023-03-07
- Trim Size: 154.000mm x 238.000mm x 20.000mm
- Weight: 349.000gr
- Category 1 : RELIGION / Christian Life / Spiritual Growth
- Category 2 : RELIGION / Biblical Meditations / New Testament
- Category 3 : RELIGION / Christian Life / General
- Category 4 : BIOGRAPHY & AUTOBIOGRAPHY / Religious