I Don't Know Who I Am Anymore
Restoring Your Identity Shattered by Grief and Loss
On Sale: 2023-09-19
Carole Holiday artfully braids together her story of overwhelming loss with biblical insights and delicious recipes from the cooking school she once owned. Carole's journey offers hope that after the ravages of grief and despair, God can bring good back to life through faith, food, and fellowship.
About the Book
No stranger to heartache, Carole Holiday artfully braids together her story of overwhelming loss with biblical insights and delicious recipes from the little cottage on the lane--the cooking school she once owned. Carole's journey offers hope that after the ravages of grief and despair, God can bring good back to life through faith, food, and fellowship.
How do you survive when everything that gave meaning to your life suddenly disappears? Grief can spark the question, God, when will you see me? Carole Holiday has weathered heartbreaking loss and the despair that whispers, "I don't know who I am anymore." Through her trials, including divorce, job loss, and heart surgery, she has learned that deep grief carves space for a deeper ability to love.
Readers who have been shredded by suffering, who have lost hope in God or in life being good again will
- unpack what it means to be made in God's image;
- learn how to redirect doubts and despair toward a God-filled identity and purpose;
- understand that loss offers an enormous capacity to feel more deeply;
- discover that even though rejected by those they most loved, they still matter to God; and
- be reminded of the truth that sadness and faith are not mutually exclusive.
In her unique, lyrical writing style, Carole shares her story of grief and explores biblical teaching that offers a God-given purpose after pain. As an extra dose of comfort, she seasons her story with savory recipes from a cooking school she once owned, where she learned firsthand the healing that takes place around the table. Carole's humor and warm encouragement gently remind readers that God has good for them--even in a season of severe loss.
- Imprint: Thomas Nelson
- On Sale: 2023-09-19
- Pages: 240
- Publisher: Thomas Nelson
- Publication Date: 2023-09-19
- Trim Size: 138.000mm x 212.000mm x 15.000mm
- Weight: 262.000gr
- Category 1 : RELIGION / Christian Life / Personal Growth
- Category 2 : RELIGION / Christian Life / Death, Grief, Bereavement
- Category 3 : RELIGION / Christian Life / Spiritual Growth
- Category 4 : SELF-HELP / Death, Grief, Bereavement