Motivate Your Child
A Christian Parent's Guide to Raising Kids Who Do What They Need to Do Without Being Told
On Sale: 2023-07-11
Dr. Scott Turansky and Joanne Miller, RN, BSN, teach parents how to help children form the internal strength they’ll need every day as they grow older.
About the Book
We need a parenting revolution!
Most parenting approaches end up encouraging children to ask the wrong questions about life: What’s in it for me? Are you going to pay me for that? What’s the minimum I need to do to get by?
But God’s Word gives us a better way to parent, one that builds strong internal motivation in children. When parents change the way they parent, kids change the way they live. This practical book explores a theology of internal motivation and then gives parents real-life solutions to equip their kids for life.
You’ll learn . . .
• how to parent in ways that build internal motivation so that kids don’t have to rely on you to get things done.
• the four promptings of the conscience and how to coordinate your parenting to take advantage of them.
• ways to energize your spiritual training with fun and creativity.
• how to help children respond to mistakes instead of blaming, defending, or justifying.
The greatest gift you can give your child is strong moral and spiritual development—this book shows you how. Every chapter includes practical examples of families applying the Bible to their current issues.
Join the revolution!
- Imprint: Thomas Nelson
- On Sale: 2023-07-11
- Publisher: Thomas Nelson
- Publication Date: 2023-07-11
- Trim Size: Trim size data not found for this book.
- Weight: Weight data not found for this book.
- Category 1 : RELIGION / Christian Life / Family
- Category 2 : FAMILY & RELATIONSHIPS / Parenting / Motherhood
- Category 3 : FAMILY & RELATIONSHIPS / Dysfunctional Families