Repurposing the Church to Redeem the Community
On Sale: 2023-04-18
In Disruption: Repurposing the Church to Redeem the Community, Dr. Mark DeYmaz explains how the local church can adapt itself to the community around it in such a way that gives it credibility in the neighborhood while advancing the gospel in the process.
About the Book
Current church planting, growth, and development strategies cannot be sustained.
We need to work smarter in our rapidly changing world.
We must become disruptive.
And yet we typically hesitate to embrace change. We like our traditions. We prefer our familiar patterns and comfortable ruts.
Still, America has dramatically changed. And make no mistake, such change is affecting the church, and more change is coming. So the way we understand things must also change. We must disrupt the status quo, create new patterns, embrace new models, and promote new forms to advance the gospel in our increasingly diverse and cynical society.
In Disruption, thought-leading author and pastor Mark DeYmaz presents a proven, practical guide to help you rethink your approach to church. Whether your congregation is currently growing, plateauing, or declining, if you are a church planter or pastor, or a denominational or network leader, this book is for you. Mark will help you understand why we need to challenge conventional wisdom, learn what new practices to establish and how current metrics are not the primary measure of a church's influence.
Disrupters turn the way we do things on its head. They . . .
- break the mold, change our thinking, and then hand us new rules for how things work
- can see and sense what lies ahead, around the next corner
- not only envision the future, but create and establish it
- challenge what is and inspire what is to come
Mark DeYmaz is a disrupter. And in Disruption he challenges you to join him in preparing the American church for the unpredictable future.
To advance spiritual, social, and financial transformation in your city,
read this book to become more like Christ—a disruptor.
- Imprint: Thomas Nelson
- On Sale: 2023-04-18
- Publisher: Thomas Nelson
- Publication Date: 2023-04-18
- Trim Size: Trim size data not found for this book.
- Weight: Weight data not found for this book.
- Category 1 : RELIGION / Leadership
- Category 2 : RELIGION / Christian Theology / Christology
- Category 3 : RELIGION / Christian Ministry / Pastoral Resources