Grit Don't Quit
Developing Resilience and Faith When Giving Up Isn't an Option
On Sale: 2023-08-29
What do you do when you feel like life has knocked you down? Whether by our own choices, or circumstances out of our control, we will have moments where we feel like we've been punched out, dragged down, or flat out knocked out. What do we do in those situations? Get back up!
About the Book
Read by the author.
Whether by choice or circumstances out of our control, we will have moments where we feel like we've been punched out, dragged down, or knocked out. What do we do in those situations? You must learn to persevere.
Perseverance requires a deep sense of hope, and thought leader, pastor, and podcaster, Bianca Juárez Olthoff, knows that personally. But it's not just any hope. It's a hope firmly rooted in something other than mere wishes and finger-crossing. This is a hope we have in our future that is rooted in the One who can go beyond our wildest dream to accomplish more than we could ever imagine. However, we must be willing to do the work of cultivating grit throughout every circumstance.
Using the life of Paul the Apostle as a case study, Bianca shows how grit was the genesis of his transformation from a judgmental Pharisee to a world-changing follower of Jesus. In Grit Don't Quit, Bianca will help you:
- Identify how to cultivate perseverance
- Discover the cost and benefit of resilience
- Develop a theological framework for rebounding from loss
- Understand how grit can change your life
- Apply practical principles to increase emotional, mental, and spiritual strength
If we can prove to ourselves that the true power is getting back up, we can prove to others that success isn't only for the smart, talented, or well-connected. No matter how many times we fall, our real power comes from when we get back up. Get up, live full, and die empty.
Exercises and “15 Reminders from Paul the Apostle” are included in the audiobook companion PDF download.
- Imprint: Thomas Nelson
- On Sale: 2023-08-29
- Publisher: Thomas Nelson
- Publication Date: 2023-08-29
- Trim Size: Trim size data not found for this book.
- Weight: Weight data not found for this book.
- Category 1 : RELIGION / Christian Life / Spiritual Growth
- Category 2 : RELIGION / Christian Ministry / Counseling & Recovery
- Category 3 : SELF-HELP / Death, Grief, Bereavement
- Category 4 : SELF-HELP / Spiritual