Turn My Mourning into Dancing
Finding Hope During Hard Times
On Sale: 2022-03-08
Deeply comforting and profoundly realistic, Turn My Mourning into Dancing focuses on how you can survive hard times but still live fully in the midst of them and beyond. Nouwen points readers towards a way of life that is grounded in God’s constancy and rooted in eternal hope.
About the Book
In times of suffering, simple answers often ring empty and hollow--so how can you find hope in hard times? Learn how to survive the difficult seasons with the comfort and of God's constancy. With sensitive, practical advice, Henri Nouwen gently points you towards a life that is grounded in God’s companionship and rooted within eternal hope.
In this newly formatted edition, Turn My Mourning into Dancing discusses five movements we experience during hard times:
- From Our Little Selves to a Larger World
- From Holding Tight to Letting Go
- From Fatalism to Hope
- From Manipulation to Love
- From a Fearful Death to a Joyous Life
Nouwen has discovered that healing begins with taking our pain out of its toxic isolation and seeing our sufferings in communion with all humanity and all creation. He teaches us that our little lives participate in something much larger. Turn My Mourning into Dancing is compelling reading for:
- Those looking for growth and insight amid life’s hard and harsh moments
- Anyone grieving and searching for reassurance
- Anyone who has experienced a loss or betrayal
Though it may not last forever, grief is a gradual, organic process that changes a person permanently. Nouwen guides you during your hard times toward answers and hope--hope that allows you to dance even through the darkest night.
- Imprint: Thomas Nelson
- On Sale: 2022-03-08
- Publisher: Thomas Nelson
- Publication Date: 2022-03-08
- Trim Size: Trim size data not found for this book.
- Weight: Weight data not found for this book.
- Category 1 : RELIGION / Christian Life / Spiritual Growth
- Category 2 : FAMILY & RELATIONSHIPS / Death, Grief, Bereavement
- Category 3 : RELIGION / Christian Life / Death, Grief, Bereavement
- Category 4 : RELIGION / Christian Life / Inspirational
- Category 5 : SELF-HELP / Emotions