Five Zondervan Titles selected in the Also Recommended category
Grand Rapids, Mich. (March 9, 2021) – Zondervan congratulates the nine authors recognized by Outreach magazine, four as Resource of the Year and five in the Also Recommended category.
For 18 years, Outreach magazine has highlighted resources that “can help churches better engage in effective outreach to share the gospel and reach their communities for Christ.” This year they received over 150 submissions for resources in 12 categories, with an expert in each category evaluating and choosing the winners.
The four Zondervan resources chosen for Resource of the Year are:
- How to Talk About Jesus (Without Being THAT Guy): Personal Evangelism in a Skeptical World bySam Chan (Zondervan Reflective) – Evangelism and Apologetics
- The Sacred Overlap: Learning to Live Faithfully in the Space Between by J.R. Briggs (Zondervan Reflective) – Discipleship
- Evangelical Theology: A Biblical and Systematic Introduction by Michael Bird (Zondervan Academic) – Theology and Biblical Studies
- Tiny Truths Wonder and Wisdom: Everyday Reminders from Psalms and Proverbs byJoanna Rivard and Tim Penner (Zonderkidz) – Kids and Youth
The five Zondervan resources chosen for Also Recommended are:
- Reclaimed: How Jesus Restores Our Humainty in a Dehumanized World by Andy Steiger with Sheri Heibert (Zondervan Reflective) – Evangelism and Apologetics
- Telling a Better Story: How to Talk About God in a Skeptical Age by Josh Chatraw (Zondervan Reflective) – Evangelism and Apologetics
- Leading Small Groups that Thrive: Five Shifts to Take Your Group to the Next Level by Ryan T. Hartwig, Courtney W. Davis and Jason A. Sniff (Zondervan Reflective) – Discipleship
- From Social Media to Social Ministry: A Guide to Digital Discipleship by Nona Jones (Zondervan Reflective) – Discipleship
- Better Decisions, Fewer Regrets: 5 Questions to Help You Determine Your Next Move by Andy Stanley (Zondervan Reflective) – Leadership
“Congratulations to the nine authors recognized by Outreach magazine for their excellent work in equipping the church through their writing,” said Mark Schoenwald, president and CEO of HarperCollins Christian Publishing. “I am also proud of the publishing teams across Zondervan who work each day to produce excellent content that inspires the world by meeting the needs of people with content that promotes biblical principles and honors Jesus Christ.”
The resources are featured in the March/April 2021 issue of Outreach magazine. Visit the Outreach website for more information.
Zondervan, a worldwide leading Christian publisher of books and Bibles, is part of HarperCollins Christian Publishing, Inc. Its publications include a variety of Bible translations for all ages; books in different genres and subject areas for the general reader; curriculum for individual and group Bible study; books for children and young adults; academic resources including textbooks and reference books; ministry resources; and books on faith and culture. Zondervan is based in Grand Rapids, MI. For more information, visit www.zondervan.com.