Bestselling Author Releases Highly Anticipated First Book In Debut Anti-Bullying Series And Encourages Kids, Parents and Teachers To Take Action
One out of every four students is bullied – 85% of these situations never receive intervention. Bestselling author Nancy Rue recently released So Not Okay, a fiction book for tweens that addresses bullying from the perspective of the bystander. The first book in the Mean Girl Trilogy, So Not Okay teaches invaluable lessons about self-worth and the beauty of true friendship. Rue is now asking kids, parents and teachers to take a stand against bullying and join the #SoNotOkay movement!
“This movement is about solving the problem of bullying from the inside out,” Nancy said, “and that’s going to take all of us coming together!”
Visit www.nancyrue.com/sonotokay to join the movement, then get to work by checking these off your list:
- Use the #SoNotOkay hashtag to promote their stance against mean girls
- Change their profile pictures to one of the images we have created on social media (FB, Twitter etc)
- Post one of the So Not Okay memes on Instagram or a selfie of them holding their pledge card!
- Sign one of the So Not Okay commitment cards with friends or your youth group
- Print and sign the Code for Respecting the Dignity of Every Human Being, just like the girls in the book
- Print and carry tribelet cards & share them with their friends
- Download the So Not Okay phone screen wallpapers & share them with their friends
- Get your own So Not Okay stickers for those who join the movement (while supplies last)
Author Nancy Rue is available for interview and So Not Okay is in stores nationwide.
Nancy Rue is the bestselling author of more than 100 books for teens, tweens, and adults, two of which have won Christy Awards. Nancy is also a popular speaker and radio guest due to her expertise in tween and teen issues. She and her husband, Jim, have raised a daughter of their own and now share their Tennessee lake home with two yellow labs.
Follow Nancy on Twitter: @NNRue
Thomas Nelson is a world-leading publisher and provider of Christian content and has been providing readers with quality inspirational product for more than 200 years. As part of HarperCollins Christian Publishing, Inc., the publishing group provides multiple formats of award-winning Bibles, books, gift books, cookbooks, curriculum and digital content, with distribution of its products in more than 100 countries. Thomas Nelson is headquartered in Nashville, TN. For additional information visit www.thomasnelson.com.
So Not Okay
By: Nancy Rue
On-Sale Date: May 13, 2014
For media inquiries please contact:
Katie Powell/Thomas Nelson