Evangelism in a Skeptical World
How to Make the Unbelievable News about Jesus More Believable
On Sale: 2020-11-24
Evangelism in a Skeptical World is a textbook on evangelism that is ideal for the church or the classroom to equip Christians with the principles and skills they need to tell the unbelievable news about Jesus to friends in a skeptical world.
About the Book
Many of the old methods of evangelism no longer work effectively today. We need new methods to communicate the timeless message of the gospel in culturally relevant ways.
In a post-Christian, post-churched, post-reached world, most Christians have been poorly equipped to tell their friends about Jesus. Dr. Chan combines the theological and biblical insights of classic evangelistic training with his own and hard-won insights from missiology on contextualization, cultural hermeneutics, and storytelling.
Every chapter is illustrated with real-world examples drawn from over fifteen years of evangelistic ministry across the globe. These are methods that really work—with university students, urban workers, and professionals—getting past the defensive posture that people have toward Christianity so they can seriously consider the claims of Jesus Christ.
Field-tested and filled with unique, fresh, and creative insights, this book will equip you to share the gospel in today's world and help as many people as possible hear the good news about Jesus.
- Imprint: Zondervan Academic
- On Sale: 2020-11-24
- Publisher: Zondervan Academic
- Publication Date: 2020-11-24
- Trim Size: Trim size data not found for this book.
- Weight: Weight data not found for this book.
- Category 1 : RELIGION / Christian Ministry / Evangelism
- Category 2 : RELIGION / Christian Theology / Apologetics
- Category 3 : RELIGION / Christian Ministry / Pastoral Resources
- Category 4 : RELIGION / Christian Church / Growth