This Is My Body
Practices for Coming Home to Yourself and Living Fully Alive
On Sale: 2021-02-09
For anyone who has felt unsafe, unloved, or insufficient in their bodies, clinical therapist and award-winning researcher Dr. Hillary McBride offers This Is My Body, a simple yet radical strategy to listening to the truth of our bodies so we can awaken fully to embodied and vibrant lives.
About the Book
An invitation to unlearn the lies about your body that make you feel less-than, and learn to love the home where your life happens.
Many of us know all too well the experience of living in bodies we're not entirely at home in, bodies we're told are not good enough, bodies that hold us in chronic stress, pain, or the aftereffects of trauma. Yet the stark truth is that when we hide from our body, we hide from our very life. Underneath the problematic cultural stories about our bodies is the truth of who we are and the source of our connection to others.
In This Is My Body, clinical therapist and award-winning researcher Dr. Hillary McBride offers a pathway from disconnection to embodied living by making peace with the living, breathing story of who you are.
Packed with illuminating research and stories from her work and deeply personal journey of healing from a life-threatening eating disorder, a car wreck the EMTs thought she wouldn't walk away from, and chronic pain, McBride brings meaningful insights to why the relationship with our bodies matters for the quality of our whole lives. A specialist in embodiment practices, McBride shares the truths and tools to embrace the whole of yourself and, in turn, experience your life to the fullest.
This book will show you:
- How to unlearn the lies about your body that hold you back from the life you were meant to live
- Practices for reclaiming your body--and your life--from stress, trauma, appearance ideals, and the expectations of others
- How to access the healing that is written in our very DNA
- Tools for regulating your emotions through physical awareness
For anyone who has ever felt unsafe, unloved, or insufficient in their own skin, McBride offers a better way toward health and true acceptance. This is the invitation to live a better story with your body, to come home to the gift of yourself and the wholeness that has been there all along.
- ISBN: 9780310359722
- ISBN 10: 0310359724
- Imprint: Zondervan
- On Sale: 2021-02-09
- Pages: 240
- List Price: $12.99
- Publisher: Zondervan
- Publication Date: 2021-02-09
- Category 1 : SELF-HELP / Eating Disorders & Body Image
- Category 2 : HEALTH & FITNESS / Women's Health
- Category 3 : BODY, MIND & SPIRIT / Inspiration & Personal Growth
- Category 4 : RELIGION / Christian Life / Personal Growth