Blessed Are the Misfits
Great News for Believers who are Introverts, Spiritual Strugglers, or Just Feel Like They're Missing Something
On Sale: 2017-11-28
Warning: If modern church culture makes perfect sense to you, and you always fit in seamlessly, don’t read this. As for the rest of us…
About the Book
If you've ever felt like you don't fit into American church culture... Brant Hansen has been there, too. Join Hansen as he explores modern Christianity, the beauty of being different, and the astonishing goodness of God.
American church culture can feel designed for extroverted, emotional people -- so what does that mean for the rest of us? Brant Hansen gets it. Introverted, a natural skeptic, and an "Aspie," he often wondered how, even if, he fit into the Kingdom of God.
But the good news is that the Good News is for all. Maybe "spiritual" doesn't always look like we expect. And maybe those of us whose lives aren't full of amazing or emotional spiritual stories, or those of us who struggle to be social, confident, or happy -- "misfits," really -- have a beautiful place in God's kingdom too.
In his trademark dry, self-effacing humor, Brant addresses questions like:
- If I don't relate to God as emotionally or feel His presence as intensely, is there something wrong with me?
- What if I'm not good at talking to people about my faith -- or not good at talking to people at all?
- What if I'm terrible at praying and even struggle to want to pray?
- If I struggle with depression, does that mean I've failed spiritually?
For anyone who has felt left out, anyone who has gone through the motions, or anyone who feels like they have more questions than answers, Blessed Are the Misfits is a breath of fresh air.
Praise for Blessed are the Misfits:
"This book is for those who feel disconnected, lonely, or spiritually dry. Brant's writing is honest, quirky, funny, and downright therapeutic. I can think of no one I'd rather have sit down with me and say, "You know what? It's okay to be you.'"
--Benjamin C. Warf, MD, Professor of Neurosurgery, Harvard Medical School
- Imprint: Thomas Nelson
- On Sale: 2017-11-28
- Pages: 256
- Publisher: Thomas Nelson
- Publication Date: 2017-11-28
- Trim Size: 139.000mm x 213.000mm x 17.000mm
- Weight: 249.000gr
- Category 1 : RELIGION / Christian Life / Spiritual Growth
- Category 2 : FAMILY & RELATIONSHIPS / Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Category 3 : RELIGION / Christian Life / Men's Issues
- Category 4 : RELIGION / Christian Life / Social Issues