Holding on to Faith When Life Breaks Your Heart
On Sale: 2021-11-09
An insightful biblical and conversational response from Dr. Tony Evans and his four children---Chrystal Evans Hurst, Priscilla Shirer, Anthony Evans, and Jonathan Evans---on how God uses the hard things of this life to draw us into a deeper faith in Him.
About the Book
USA Today Bestseller
Learn how to work your way through life’s unexpected challenges with grace and find a deeper faith while on your journey. In this biblical and conversational book by Dr. Tony Evans and his four adult children—Chrystal Evans Hurst, Priscilla Shirer, Anthony Evans, and Jonathan Evans—you will hear five insightful perspectives on what it means to hold on to faith when life breaks your heart.
We have all been through difficult seasons and times in life when it seems like the hits keep coming and you can barely catch your breath. The Evans family knows what this is like, as they’ve experienced the deep grief of losing eight loved ones in less than two years’ time, including the devastating passing of Lois Evans, the matriarch of the family.
In Divine Disruption, Dr. Tony Evans and his children pull back the curtain on their faith-shaking experiences, in order to provide biblical wisdom and practical encouragement for how to deal with the hard, unexpected things we all inevitably face.
You’ll walk away with insights on:
- Why bad things happen despite a good and powerful God
- Persevering in difficult times and experiencing God’s peace
- What causes distress in your life—and how to move past it
- How to keep your faith from being damaged during tough times
Join the Evans Family in this unique Kingdom Legacy partnership as they candidly share honest questions they’ve asked, raw emotions they’ve felt, and solutions they’ve learned. Your life may have been interrupted, but you can use that to grow closer to God—and find peace.
'The close-knit family focuses here on lessons learned after the death of eight extended family members in less than two years, and, to that end, they share personal insights and scriptural examples of how to cling to hope in God in the midst of grief. [Dr. Tony] Evans's children celebrate their mother's legacy with fond recollections of family meals and celebrations, and explain that the book is the fulfillment of their mother's desire that they work together and combine the strengths of their individual ministries. Any Christian who has wrestled with loss will appreciate this message of hope.'
- ISBN: 9780785241140
- ISBN 10: 0785241140
- Imprint: Thomas Nelson
- On Sale: 2021-11-09
- Pages: 208
- List Price: $24.99
- Publisher: Thomas Nelson
- Publication Date: 2021-11-09
- Trim Size: 157.000mm x 236.000mm x 21.000mm
- Weight: 457.000gr
- Category 1 : RELIGION / Christian Life / Spiritual Growth
- Category 2 : RELIGION / Counseling
- Category 3 : RELIGION / Christian Life / Death, Grief, Bereavement
- Category 4 : RELIGION / Christian Life / Inspirational
- Category 5 : RELIGION / Faith
- Category 6 : SELF-HELP / Death, Grief, Bereavement