They Were Soldiers
The Sacrifices and Contributions of Our Vietnam Veterans
On Sale: 2020-05-12
They Were Soldiers showcases the inspiring true stories of 49 Vietnam veterans who returned home from the 'lost war' to enrich America's present and future.
About the Book
They Were Soldiers showcases the inspiring true stories of 49 Vietnam veterans who returned home from the "lost war" to enrich America's present and future.
In this groundbreaking new book, Joseph L. Galloway, distinguished war correspondent and New York Times bestselling author of We Were Soldiers Once . . . and Young, and Marvin J. Wolf, Vietnam veteran and award-winning author, reveal the private lives of those who returned from Vietnam to make astonishing contributions in science, medicine, business, and other arenas, and change America for the better.
For decades, the soldiers who served in Vietnam were shunned by the American public and ignored by their government. Many were vilified or had their struggles to reintegrate into society magnified by distorted depictions of veterans as dangerous or demented. Even today, Vietnam veterans have not received their due. Until now. These profiles are touching and courageous, and often startling.
They include veterans both known and unknown, including:
- Frederick Wallace (“Fred”) Smith, CEO and founder of FedEx
- Marshall Carter, chairman of the New York Stock Exchange
- Justice Eileen Moore, appellate judge who also serves as a mentor in California's Combat Veterans Court
- Richard Armitage, former deputy secretary of state under Colin Powell
- Guion “Guy” Bluford Jr., first African American in space
Engrossing, moving, and eye-opening, They Were Soldiers is a magnificent tribute that gives long overdue honor and recognition to the soldiers of this "forgotten generation."
- ISBN: 9781400208807
- ISBN 10: 1400208807
- Imprint: Thomas Nelson
- On Sale: 2020-05-12
- Pages: 416
- List Price: $34.99
- Publisher: Thomas Nelson
- Publication Date: 2020-05-12
- Trim Size: 160.000mm x 236.000mm x 36.000mm
- Weight: 562.000gr
- Category 1 : HISTORY / Military / Vietnam War
- Category 2 : HISTORY / Military / Veterans
- Category 3 : BIOGRAPHY & AUTOBIOGRAPHY / General
- Category 4 : BIOGRAPHY & AUTOBIOGRAPHY / Military