The Transformative Power of a Life Built on Prayer
On Sale: 2022-12-27
Prayer is the lifeblood of the Christian faith--but many followers of Jesus still struggle to make prayer part of their daily lives. In Pray First, bestselling author and pastor Chris Hodges shows readers how to make prayer a first response, rather than a last resort.
About the Book
Prayer is the lifeblood of the Christian faith--but many followers of Jesus still struggle to make prayer part of their daily lives. In Pray First, bestselling author and pastor Chris Hodges shows us how to make prayer a first response instead of a last resort.
Why is it that so many Christians find it difficult to develop a vibrant and exciting prayer life? Even though prayer is foundational to the Christian life, many are intimidated or uncertain about how to talk to God. Prayer feels quaint and old-fashioned to some, sacred and uncomfortable to others. It's not a lack of inspiration--there's plenty of that. And it's not that we don't realize prayer is important--we know it is. So, what's the issue?
Pastor Chris Hodges has spent years studying the prayers of the Bible and the models of prayer that the scriptures provide for Christians. Now, he shares the teachings and methods he's used to successfully help hundreds of thousands of people understand how to spend time in conversation with God--and enjoy every minute.
Pray First will give you the tools you need to:
- Bring the joy back into your time with God
- Take a journey through the prayers of the Bible, which reveal how to make prayer more personal and powerful
- Learn about fasting, an often overlooked but powerful discipline that's a vital companion to prayer
- Follow proven, biblically grounded methods for making prayer a priority, not an afterthought
Written in the personable, relatable, and always biblically based style that has become Hodges's hallmark, Pray First is a revolutionary how-to manual for anyone seeking a more dynamic, intimate prayer life with God.
- Imprint: Thomas Nelson
- On Sale: 2022-12-27
- Pages: 256
- Publisher: Thomas Nelson
- Publication Date: 2022-12-27
- Trim Size: 139.000mm x 213.000mm x 15.000mm
- Weight: 217.000gr
- Category 1 : RELIGION / Christian Life / Personal Growth
- Category 2 : RELIGION / Prayer
- Category 3 : RELIGION / Christian Life / Spiritual Growth
- Category 4 : SELF-HELP / Mood Disorders / Depression