Lead Like a Shepherd
The Secret to Leading Well
On Sale: 2021-11-09
Pastor, author, and leadership consultant unpacks instruction for church leaders found in 1 Peter 5:1-4 where they are exhorted to shepherd the flock among them.
About the Book
Church leaders are called to love and care for their flock, just as Peter did. Unpack the instruction for church leaders found in 1 Peter 5:1-4, where they are exhorted to shepherd the flock among them.
Some instruction is timeless. Regardless of the age in which we live, certain instruction carries no expiration on its relevance. The best practical advice comes from the Bible, and in particular, 1 Peter 5:1-4. It's in this short passage where leaders are exhorted to shepherd the flock among them.
Unfortunately, most modern leaders have precious little experience tending sheep, and many of the implications that were well understood when Peter penned these words are lost on today's listener. Pastor, author, and leadership consultant Larry Osborne finds the parallels to be numerous, well-worth reviewing and understanding anew.
In Lead Like a Shepherd, Osborne discovered that instruction on how to be a good leader is like the passage about Peter, with such lessons as:
- A shepherd leads them to water even when they fear it,
- A shepherd never allows one sick lamb to destroy the flock,
- And a shepherd lays down his life for his sheep.
Lead Like a Shepherd discusses how when leaders truly understand Peter's words of exhortation to lead like a shepherd, then they will begin to see the path that leads them to leading like a shepherd.
- Imprint: Thomas Nelson
- On Sale: 2021-11-09
- Publisher: Thomas Nelson
- Publication Date: 2021-11-09
- Trim Size: Trim size data not found for this book.
- Weight: Weight data not found for this book.
- Category 1 : RELIGION / Leadership
- Category 2 : RELIGION / Biblical Reference / Quotations
- Category 3 : RELIGION / Christian Ministry / Discipleship
- Category 4 : RELIGION / Christian Church / Leadership